CONSTANTIN WEISZ 'Big Pilot'
One of the most successful types of watches is the pilot's watch. Their popularity has to do with their unmistakable design and this in turn with their eventful history: When man took to the skies, timepieces became indispensable instruments, and a separate type developed - the pilot's watch.
Gone are the days when every pilot needed a dedicated watch to back them up. Modern measuring instruments and last but not least GPS, the global navigation satellite system for position determination and time measurement, are the necessary tools today. What remains, however, is the typical look of a pilot's watch: With its classic design, the watch for pilots is one of the valued favorites of some watch collections.
But back to the beginning:
At the beginning of the 20th century, the Brazilian Alberto Santos-Dumont carried out numerous tests with his homemade aircraft. He is said to have complained to his friend and jeweler Cartier that ordinary pocket watches were difficult to read during a flight. Cartier then designed the now legendary Santos. The model went into series production in 1911 and has been an integral part of the watch collection ever since.
- Movement: ETA Valgranges A07.111
- Housing:Stainless steel RG, 48.00 x 58.00mm
- Dial:Ø 40.50mm
- Glass:sapphire crystal
- power reserve:
- glass bottom:mineral glass
- Limited edition: 67 piece
- dial: Black
- Bracelet:Natural leather strap in organic quality
- Bracelet length:approx. 22 cm
- Lug Width: approx. 24 mm
- Clasp:pin buckle
- Waterproof: 5ATM
- Total weight of the watch: 100g
- Production:Made in Germany
- Scope of delivery:Description booklet, watch, watch box, certificate
5 year guarantee
Constantin Weisz guarantees that this product is handcrafted from high quality materials . Elaborate quality controls guarantee that the watch has been checked and adjusted before leaving the factory. Nevertheless, we unfortunately cannot rule out material errors. If your new watch is not fault-free, please contact our customer service within five years from the date of purchase. You can find the address at www.constantinweisz.de or you can send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following are excluded from the guarantee:
- Damage caused by external violence
- Interventions by persons not authorized by us
- improper handling of the watch
- Non-observance of the operating instructions
- Also excluded from the guarantee are leather straps, wearing parts and seals.
- Liability for incidental and consequential damages is excluded